Re: SVGA/NVidia patches (Re: Text cursor disappears in Emacs)

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Paul D. Smith wrote:

> Andreas Voegele <andreas.voegele@gmx.de> writes:
>
> > Since the last update of my systems the text cursor disappears in GNU
> > Emacs 20.3-8 under X11.  The problem maybe has something to do with the
> > syntax highlighting.  Above colored parts of the text the cursor is
> > visible.
>
> I see this as well, since at least the xserver-svga 3.3.3.1-6 version (4
> June), on my Diamond Viper 550 AGP card...

 I still want to use the nVidia patches to do some 3D stuff. So, as a
workaround, I've been doing

 rxvt -e "emacs -nw"

 and emacs in nw (no window) mode seems to work.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735           ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

      "Rearranging his entire personal universe in the light of
             startling new data is what he does for fun."
            Spider Robinson, on the Science Fiction reader