3C905B 10/100 card "falls back" to 10MB

Hi

My job is networks and I can give you a major piece of advice,
autonegotiation sucks !

You can run into all sorts of problems especially if both end of a
link try and autonegotiate. I would ask your network manager to hard
set the port on the switch you are connecting  to to 100Mb full duplex
and that should fix the problem (I am running Debian Potato on a
laptop with an autonegotiating card set to auto and it works fine like
this also RedHat 6.0 with a 3c509 set to auto and its fine). If you
can't persuade the network manager to make the change the hard set
your card tp 100Mb using the utils that come with the card.

Pat