Re: startx

On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 11:49:41PM +0200, Sami Dalouche wrote:
> I've just found a way to do this :
> startx -- :13
> for example to open X on the tty 8 but have you any idea of how to swich to
> the 13th tty ?
> X opens it on the tty13 but when I switch back to the 1st(2nd, 3rd...) console, I cant't return to X !

I'm going to take a stab at this; I believe that to get to the higher you
either use the other ALT (ie the right one) or you use CTRL-ALT.

I don't have a box I can test this out with.

This is set in the keyboard files and is documented in the
Keyboard-and-Console-Howto.

You can find that off of linuxhq.com

Ciao!

--
A child of five could understand this. fetch me a child of five.
	-- Groucho Marx

The Doctor What: <fill in the blank>        http://www.gerf.org/~docwhat/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC