Re: IMAP default mailbox in user's home dir

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 08:53:04AM -0400, Dpk wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Rigacci wrote:
>
>    I have two questions:
>
>    1) Is it possible to change imap without recompiling it? I read a
>    lot of warning for using a configuration file.
>
>    2) Is there a Debian policy about mail in user's home directory?
>
> I know this isn't one of your questions, but why not give each user
> disk quota in the directory /var/spool/mail?  This would avoid
> questions 1 & 2.

I'm not the one who was asking but I can answer this question from my point
of view (I also think about quota restrictions to my users):

I want to give 5MB total disk space per user. So as I understand qouta
mechanism I cannon check if it's OK when I've two quotas on two
filesystems. Each user should have all his/her files in $HOME (mail
folders, WWW files etc.). What will happen when I want 5MB limit and user
will have 3MB inbox on first filesystem and 4MB mail/WWW files in $HOME?
For me the only solution is to have all users' files in $HOME.

--
|Leszek Gerwatowski|    _/_|_\
"Don't fix it if it isn't broken"