Re: IMAP default mailbox in user's home dir

If there is a file called $HOME/mail/mbox, imapd will use
that as the inbox.  Actually this is a bug (report #33780) it should look
in $HOME/mbox but I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet.

To answer your questions,

1) The config file is unsupported and can break between versions.  The
author highly recommends you don't use it.

2)  There isn't.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>