Re: New windows

Well, this seems like the ideal opportunity for me to advertise my
ignorance:

What exactly is the difference between a window manager and a desktop
environment?

Thanx.

BTW, I second the opinion re: Windowmaker.  It's intuitive and easy
to use, it looks funky (and probably will look funkier when I get
drivers for my video card :) and is really quite impressive...