smbfs I/O errors.

> HOLD IT! STOP THE PRESSES!
>
> Oh, that's too weird...
>
> I just up-arrowed to recall the last time I tried it, and this time it
> worked!
> I had been trying it as root all this time because of the mount point
> not being mountable by westk. So as another test I tried mounting it
> using /home/westk/bub as my mount point logged in as westk, not root.
> Again, the same type error messages. So I "su"'d back to root and
> up-arrowed one last time as I said in the first sentence of this
> paragraph, and it worked.
>
> Something strange going on here....

But I tried renaming a directory there, got an I/O error, and now I
can't do anything without getting an I/O error.

So apparently, I've been getting connected, but the error message that
there's an I/O error really means there's an I/O error, and not a
connection/syntax/etc error.

Any clues on this? Again, thanks for your help, Brad!