Re: [potato] Font servers broken?

On Sun, Jun 20, 1999 at 06:59:44AM +0000, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
> I have some problems with font servers in potato:
> X sometimes refuses to start because it can't find the "fixed"
> font. Commenting the lines that set xfs and xfstt as font servers in
> XF86Config cures the problem, but I really would like to know what
> happens to the servers.

See the file /usr/doc/xfs/README.Debian:

Also, be aware that, as of xfs 3.3.3.1-3, the default xfs configuration has
TCP port listening disabled for security reasons.  If you have xfs serving
fonts to remote hosts via TCP, you will need to re-enable this option.

And from xfs(1):

       no-listen (trans-type)
              Disable a transport type. For example, TCP/IP  con­
              nections can be disabled with "no-listen = tcp".

--
G. Branden Robinson              |
Debian GNU/Linux                 |            If existence exists,