sender: jon@localhost
From: jon@amergin.ddns.org

This is interesting because amergin.ddns.org is a pointer to the
dynamic IP of this machine (It's not in /etc/hosts or /etc/resolv.conf
and sendmail is configured to masquerade as osfn.org my POP server)

my newserver is news.ids.net
valid emails:
jon@osfn.org (prefered)
erthbubble@ids.net (in the same domain as ISP although osfn.org is
hosted by ids.net so by dotted quad it is also apparently the same
domain)

Any Ideas???

TIA,
Jon