Re: mount the iomega zip

----- Original Message -----
From: <DYang50492@aol.com>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 1999 9:36 PM
Subject: mount the iomega zip

> I had trouble mounting the iomega zip. I tried to install module for
iomega
> zip drive using modconf and it failed. Can someone help on the procedure
of
> mounting zip? what is the device name for zip drive?
> Thanks
> Daniel

I don't know if this applies to your system, as I have no idea wether or not
you have an IDE Zip drive, but on my Debian system, from kernel 2.0.31 on I
have been able to access my zip drive by compiling ATAPI FLOPPY support into
the kernel. My Zip is listed in the bootstrap as /dev/hdd and to mount a FAT
FS formatted Zip disk I use:

mount -t vfat /dev/hdd4 /dirname

(It seems that zip disks that are still using the original formatting use
multiple partitions). If you reformat, the multiple partitions go away and
you can just mount /dev/hdd1. I also have no idea if you have FAT FS support
built for your kernel, you may need to recompile with the ATAPI FLOPPY and
FAT and VFAT FS support to get everything to work. I personally haven't
tried the Iomega drive kernel module, so I have no idea how that works.

J.W. Jones