Re: lilo and win98

Hartmut Figge wrote:

> to boot dos (or win) this hd must be the first. how about the exchange
> of the hd´s? or, maybe, if you make your hdb bootable...

i just looked into /usr/doc/lilo/manual.txt.gz and found

MAP-DRIVE=<bios_device_code>  Instructs chain.b to installs a resident
  driver that re-maps the floppy or hard disk drives. This way, one can
  boot any operating system from a hard disk different from the first
  one, as long as that operating system uses _only_ the BIOS to access
  that hard disk.* This is known to work for PC/MS-DOS.

this option wasn`t available when i wrote my lilo.conf. irecommend that
you look into this file.

hafi