Re: lilo and win98

> Sander Balkenende wrote:
>
> hi
> I have problems starting win98 on hdb1 with Lilo. When trying to start
> win (shift, dos), nothing happens. Linux (hda1) starts fine. my
> lilo.conf:

I believe that Windows 98 (like DOS and Windows95) must be on the first
partition of the first hard drive.

Remember one of the Ten Commandments of Microsoft:
	"Thou shalt have no other operating systems before me."

So basically, put win98 on hda1 and linux on hdb1, with lilo on hda's
MBR.

My lilo.conf is attached.

Greg Starkes, Computing & Communications, Memorial University of
Newfoundland.
e-mail: gstarkes@morgan.ucs.mun.ca        www:
http://www.cs.mun.ca/~gstarkes/

    "You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge."
    				-Neil Peart, Rush, "Show Don't Tell"
boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hdb1
install=/boot/boot.b