Re: Getting there

On 18-Jun-99 Lazarus Long wrote:
> On Friday, June 18, 1999 at 11:23:02 -0500, Christian Dysthe wrote:
>  > From: Christian Dysthe <cdysthe@bigfoot.com>
>  > Subject: Getting there
>  > Sender: Christian Dysthe <cdysthe@intx.net>
>
>  > I am ready for you guys being sarcastic and telling me how wonderful
> command
>
> In a word, paradigm.  "MS-think" isn't likely to lead to satisfaction
> within Linux.  To quote a fast-food retailer: "Different IS good!"

What? I do not think "MS" or anything. I just need a couple of pieces of
software and was sighing in public! Take a loot at the link somone else lead me
to in this thread. There you will see an email client emerging that might be
what I am looking for. And probably what a lot more would enjoy using also. It
is great that Linux has software like mutt and elm for the once prefering
these, I just happen to want something else, this also happens to be software
which has proven to be useful to a lot of people, not only me. Too bad it is on
a platform that makes you blow them off as "belonging to the windows
community", as if that makes them better or worse than anybody else using
computers.

Different is not neccesarlily good. The only thing you can say about different
initially is that is is...errm...different. Good or bad is another story.

> [To state that retailer's unstated implication: "... especially when
> comparing it with THAT crap that the dominant player puts out!" heheh]

I do not love Linux. I do not hate Windows. I do not belong to a community
either. I am a "debian-user". I thought I saw a mailing list with that name
somewhere? I have not "seen the light" or "heard the gospel", I do not even
want to! ;)