Re: Using more than one ISP

Anthony writes:
> Is there any easy way of maintaining access to more than one ISP without
> re-writing the config files for smail and ppp?  At present I use a spare
> computer for this but it's not very convenient.

Use pppconfig once for each ISP, giving each a unique name in the "Provider
Name" screen.  For example, you might call your employer 'theoffice' and
your university 'theschool'.  Then you can connect to your office with 'pon
theoffice', and your university with 'pon theschool'.  To bring the
connection down just type 'poff'.

If you just type 'pon' it defaults to 'provider' as the name.
john@dhh.gt.org            Do with it what you will.