Re: Problem compiling koffice

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, David E. Fox wrote:
> Yeah, that is indeed not nice. Hell, all I have is a P-100 with
> 48 megs of RAM, and a full recompile of koffice took 30 hours
> to complete when I run it last week. And that's with little if
> nothing else running, no X/KDE hogging memory, and so on. It takes
> three to six hours to compile some files.
>
> What a nightmare it must be to compile on a 486 :(. Idl really
> doesn't add a whole lot to the compile time, but if the .cpp
> files that depend on the header files get recompiled when they
> don't need to, that's not nice.

David,
Could you be enticed to produce a KOffice binary i386 package?
-- RPM or DEB, for Red Hat, Debian or SuSe?
I've got a few PCs, at work and home, and there're all mediocre
machines. The best I can do is a P133 with 32M of RAM.
Besides, there seems to be an incredible amount of messing around
installing extra stuff, to be able to get the compile to work.

Would KOffice compiled with Qt2 work ok with KDE 1.1.1, which
uses Qt1.44?

There's a lot of us who would like to play with KOffice but can't
compile it.

Or, is there any existing distribution that has KOffice?

Your feedback on this will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Barry Kauler