Re: DNS problem

"Jean-Yves F. Barbier" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a little problem with my provider DNS: mine is much faster, but I need to
> access the provider's if I want to have the news groups and mail sending
> allowed, because my identification is made by these DNS (I'm on a cable
> network).
> So how could I make my server not to answer to the request of my station, ONLY
> for the 5-6 domain names that causes me troubles??

I may misunderstand your needs, but surely, if you don't run bind at all, and instead
put the 5 or 6 troublesome addresses into /etc/hosts that will have the desired
effect?

frankie

> Thanks in advance,
> JY
> --
> Jean-Yves Barbier   <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
> Membre fondateur du CGE
> "Quand la justice n'est pas juste, l'injustice est exacte." P. DAC
> Boycott Intel, watch: http://www.bigbrotherinside.com
>
> --

Confession is good for the soul only in the sense that a tweed coat is good
for dandruff.

        --Peter de Vries

http://www.skunkpussy.freeserve.co.uk - Drum'n'Bass music, samples and links.

ICQ://25576761