mount-problems

I sometimes get this problem on my CDROM and I am not sure whether it is
hardware related.

At moment my kernel is configured with scsi-emulation because I use a
CD-RW also.

Sometimes when I mount my regular CDROM I get error messages and
segmentation faults. Sometimes it just hangs like this:

root@Johann(1)$ ps
  PID TTY STAT TIME COMMAND
  267   3 S    0:00 /sbin/getty 38400 tty3
  268   4 S    0:00 -bash
  269   5 S    0:00 -bash
  270   6 S    0:00 /sbin/getty 38400 tty6
  283   1 D    0:00 mount /cdrom
  314   5 D    0:00 umount /
  316   2 S    0:00 /sbin/getty 38400 tty2
  317   4 R    0:00 ps

In this case I tried to unmount / also because I cannot kill 283.  Not
even shutdown can do it.  I have to press the reset-button.

umount / also failed as you can see.

Have anyone experienced something like this before?

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye
      do, do all to the glory of God."
                                  I Corinthians 10:31