Re: ftp/telnet fails since upgrade

> For the ftp problem, take a look at /etc/inetd.conf and see if the ftp
> line has been commented out.  If so, remove the octothorpe (#).  There
> might be more than one of these lines; you should only enable one.

These two lines are uncommented in inetd.conf:

ftp             stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd \
  /usr/sbin/in.ftpd
telnet          stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd \
  /usr/sbin/in.telnetd

(They are both on one line. The \ is just to wrap the mail message.)

Maybe I should try upgrading to 2.2.9? Upgrading to 2.0.36 from 2.0.34
solved my sound problems back in my 2.0 days.

Hugo van der Merwe