repartitioning Windows

Hello,
I have a question about partitioning.

I recently bought a computer with a 6.4gb
harddisk. At the moment it has 4 partitions:
3 x 2gb and one 0.4gb.

I want to use the last 2 partitions to (2gb + 0.4gb)
to install Linux.

Since buying this computer I have not installed anything
nor created any files in these last two partitions.
Nonetheless, they contain some files and programs
(listed below).

I suppose my question is this:

  How important are these files?

  Can I safely delete them (whilst using fdisk - linux version)?

  Or do I need to move them to some other directory before
  using another program to create one partition from these
  two?

  Are there any hidden files that I need to worry about?

Partitions and their files.

Partition E:
Recycled
ffastun.ffa