Re: default ungziped /usr/doc/*/* ?

"Thorsten Manegold" wrote:

> teTeX is on area in which the html page does not work because of the
> gz. format.
> Where do I have to report that to?

Find out which package the files belong to:

$ dpkg -S /some/file/path/file.html.gz

Then file a bug report agaisnt that package by following
instructions given at http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

> Do I understand correctly, that all files in /usr/doc are supposed to
> be gz?

No.  Some are, some are not.  On my system 6320 files under
/usr/doc are compressed, out of 14946 files.

>        If yes, then rezipping them recursevly should solve the
> problems with dpkg updateing etc.

That would probably make it worse.

Peter