Re: PS/2 mouse rolling away

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Armin Wegner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my logitech ps/2 mouse behaves oddly. Sometimes, the pointer rolls to
> the top or bottom of the screen when pressing a button while moving left or
> right in X and on console. I can stop this by moving the mouse. But I can't
> play quake with this mouse.

 Hmm. In my experience mice die more frequently than any other part on a
computer. If you can get another one to try, I'd suggest doing so. If you
have Windows installed, does the mouse do the same thing there?

 If you're sure it's not a hardware problem, you could try recompiling the
kernel or the module, I suppose.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles       (248) 377-7735        ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

    "Many people would sooner die than think. In fact, they do."
                       - Bertrand Russell