Re: New Win Convert--needs some help :)

*- On 13 Jun, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote about "Re: New Win Convert--needs some help :)"

> TNT2: Make sure you get XFree86 3.3.3 not 3.3.1 the newer version is in the "potato" distribution (current stable Debian 2.1 is "Slink" unstable is "Potato")
> or you can get the tar balls from www.xfree86.org

Don't make life hard for yourself once your system is installed and you
want to use X add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list file.

deb http://ftp.netgod.net/ x/

This site has the latest debian X 3.3.3.1 packages built for slink.

Since you have a TNT2 card you can also get a X server from Nvidia that
has better support for the TNT2 card.  I forget the address but go to
there drivers download page.  Just put the XF86_SVGA server under
/usr/local somewhere and modify the /etc/X11/Xserver file to point to
the new binary.

--
Brian