Re: access beyond end of device

I wonder if my problem is related to this.  I've gotten the following
messages three times:

Partition check:  HDA:  HDA1  HDA2  <  HDA5  >  HDA3  HDA4
attempt to access beyond end of device
03:02:  rw=0, want=2, limit=1
ext2-fs:  unable to read superblock
attempt to access beyond end of device
ext2-fs:  unable to read superblock
minix-fs:  unable to read superblock
[ms-dos fs rel 12, fat 0, check=n, conv=b, uid=0, gid=0, umask=022,
bmap]
[me=0x0, cs=0, #f=0, fs=0, fl=0, ds=0, de=0, data=0, se=0, ts=0, ls=0,
rc=0, fc=4294967295]
transaction block size=512
attempt to access beyond end of device
03:02:  rw=0, want=33, limit=1
isofs_read_super:  bread failed, dev 03:02 iso-blknum 16 block 32
kernel panic:  VFS:  unable to mount root fs on 03:02

I have Windows 95 in one partition and Linux in another.  I only
recently installed Linux and haven't really done anything with it yet
because of this problem.  Someone in this user group some time ago
suggested that my partitions might be overlapping.  I re-installed
everything, going back to fdisk twice, to no avail.  Any other thoughts
on what I might do to solve this problem???

Peter Christensen