Re: equivs

>> "LC" == Lex Chive <lexchive@iname.com> writes:

LC> So, did I miss something? How am I supposed to use equivs, I just
LC> put the package name in /etc/equivs.conf and run debian/rules
LC> binary, right?

The equivs package in slink doesn't work with apt too well. You would
have to bump up the version.

Install the equivs package from potato and read /usr/dow/equivs, as
the way of using the package has changed.

LC> and while we're at this how can I tell equivs to declare other
LC> package versions (eg if I want it to declare libc6 installed it
LC> doesnt change dependancies for packages wanting libc6(>=2.1))?

So you want to pretend you have libc6 2.1 installed? This doesn't
work, as dpkg doesn't have versioned provides (yes, everyone agrees
that it should be added).

Also, this doesn't make sense, if you don't have libc6 2.1 somewhere
on your system, as the packages demanding libc6 2.1 really need this
version to work.

Better you recompile the packages on your system (debian/rules binary
and such).

Ciao,
	Martin