Re: Boot error

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, Kevin A. Foss wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 07:55:58AM -0700, Lazar Fleysher wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have noticed that sometimes I get this boot error:
> > mktime() failed unexpectedly (rc -1). Aborting.
> > Could someone tell what and how dengerous it is?
>
> This is probably from hwclock, it will say this if your bios returns
> what appears to be an invalid time.  (Until quite recently hwclock
> was rather strict about where the century byte should be -- more
> strict than the bios manufacturers.)  Try running hwclock and see
> what happens.
>
> I've gotten this error on every original IBM machine I've tried --
> both PS/2s and Valuepoints.  I'm not sure why you would get this
> only 'sometimes' however, it should really be everytime.

Thanks Kevin

This is exactly what happened. The bios clock was showing 2099 :)
I have seen this on several pentium machines (not running linux)..
'sometimes' is because I have noticed it and fixed the bios date back to
1999 :)
Thanks again

ZORO

                       Take these broken wings and learn to fly...
       ///|\\\
         0 0
    (     .     )            http://pages.nyu.edu/~rqf6512
          -