Date: Mon,  7 Jun 1999 15:43:02 -0400
From: "Francois-Nicola Demers" <Demers@IRO.UMontreal.CA>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Installing Bo Debian on a 386 2 meg RAM?

Hi,

I have tried to install the Debian Bo distribution on my 386 with only
2 megs of RAM without success.  Some people told me that they have been able to
install it even if the machine does not have the 4 meg of RAM required.

I have not been able to boot because the installation stopped saying
that 4 meg of RAM is necessary.

Please explain me what boot parameters must be given to overcome the 4
meg requirement.  Is it possible to put swap on before booting?

Thanks.

Francois-N. Demers
demers@iro.umontreal.ca