Re: default ungziped /usr/doc/*/* ?

Thanks so many people for replying me.
now I can do most operation :-) thanks.

Steve Lamb wrote:
> >I still wish to have site policy of installing ungziped documents :-)
> >I don't care to waste a little disk space...
>
>     find . -name \*.gz | xargs gunzip

uum, I wish to do this under control of package manager...

for rpm, by using --excludedocs option, you can install
package without documents.

although rpm does not have more function than this,
I wish dpkg would have this kind of flexbility for site policy.
for example:

  - managing /usr/doc as plain  (for simplicity)
  - managing without /usr/doc   (for extremely small disk machine)
  - managing without /usr/share (in case of using remote file system)

--
Tadayoshi Ohkuma
kuma@tengelle.kuma.taito.tokyo.jp