Contents file [was Re: BE MORE SIMPLE!!!!]

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 10:08:04PM -0500,
ktb <xyf@inetnebr.com> wrote:
> I kind of hate to jump into a string like this but at the risk of
> sounding real stupid how can one create this
> /var/lib/dpkg/Contents-i386.gz file.  I've searched for it on my Slink
> system and it just isn't there.  I took a look at the dpkg man page and
> see no reference to the file.  I see that you can look for packages in
> /var/lib/dpkg/available but that's not the same.
> Thanks,
> kent

You can pull it out of your Debian mirror from dists/slink/Contents-i386.gz

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

Don't you try to out-weird me! I get stranger things
than you free with my breakfast cereal!
--Zaphod Beeblebrox