Re: ipacset

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 07:30:53PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

> 	Subject: ipacset
> 	Date: Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 07:16:10PM +0100

> Quoting Alisdair McDiarmid(alisdair@letdown.demon.co.uk):
> > Cron continues to mail me every six minutes with this message.
> > Has anyone got any idea why, or how to stop it?
> >
> > From: root@letdown.demon.co.uk (Cron Daemon)
> > Subject: Cron <root@letdown>  test -f /etc/ipac.conf && test -f
> > /usr/sbin/fetchipac
> > +&& /usr/sbin/fetchipac
> > To: root@letdown.demon.co.uk
> > /usr/sbin/fetchipac: Cant read "/var/run/ip-accounting-rules" - ipacset not
> > run?
> >
> > Please help or I'll go mad.
> >

> If you tell me what you have tried to do to stop from going mad, I
> might be able to help.

Not much, so far. I'm still very new to Linux - I first installed
Debian in February. I think (I'm not sure) that I mistakenly chose
an IP something or other option when I first installed kernel
2.2.9, but I've since recompiled with the option blank.

> Lets see.  It happens every 6 minutes.  It says (Cron Daemon).
> Does that give you any clues?

It tells me that the Cron Daemon is looking for something to do
with ip-accounting-rules every six minutes, not finding it and
emailing me to say so, and very little else.

I don't know what ip-accounting rules are. Heck, I don't even
know what ip-accounting is.

> How about rgrep -r ip-accounting-rules /etc/*

Gives no result (yes, I did run it as root).

> Now lets see what you come up with.

Nothing yet. What now?

Thanks for your help,
--
alisdair mcdiarmid
[i won't tear again i won't breathe in the shards of what is left]