NFS performance problems

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations on improving nfs client performance
on slink? All of our linux machines are running slink and they all
have poor performance to an HP nfs server. I've heard of some kernel
patches for 2.2.x, but I haven't been able to find out exactly what I
needed with my web searches. Does anyone have a summary of the patches?
I've seen messages referring to NFSv3 and write gathering, but so far
I haven't been able to determine exactly what I needed. (2.0.x patches
preferred if they are available.)

Please cc your reply to me, I browse the list on the web and it
sometimes takes a while for the new messages to show up.

Thanks,
--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com