Re: slink with glibc2.1

Raj Manandhar wrote:

> Is there any way of trying out the libc2.1 package from potato without
> upgrading everything to potato? I tried a simple dpkg -i on the .deb,
> but one needs apt>0.3, and that apt requires libc2.1.

on 06/03/99 i downloaded apt_0.3.6.1_i386.deb for slink. the url(?) was
in a message from a(?) debian-list. you should be able to find the url
in the list-archive.

> I'm kind of leery of upgrading everything to unstable, but I figure if
> I just try libc, I can downgrade if it is too unstable for me. It

-i- will not allow libc2.1 on my slink.

> seems like a lot of new stuff (Netscape 4.6 for example) requires
> libc2.1.

not, if you download the tarball from netscape and use the
debian-installer for netscape. or you can go to http://ftp.netgod.net/x/
with many other ´slinkish´ debs.

hafi