Kernel 2.2 & RAID

I've a Debian 2.1 upgraded from Debian 2.0  with some packets from
Potato with RAID1 partitions for /usr /var and /home.
Well, with kernel 2.0.36 work all OK while when I can start with
kernel 2.2.9 the system halt on boot on check the RAID partitions.
The error is on:

Process mdadd (pid:..., Stack: ..., call trace:...)
with a dump of system stack.

and see on video a system message like:

/etc/rcS.d/S25raid Segmantation fault, on line 25, mdadd -ar

the system have the following packets:

ii  raidtools       0.42-17        Utilities to support RAID disks
ii  libc6           2.1.1-10       GNU C Library: Shared libraries and
timezone

I think that some library don't work. There is some other conclusion ?

I've tried with this disks on other PC but the problem is tha same
and so I think that the problem is on hadware (Pentium II/233 with
196Mb on 3 DIMM).
On other machines the system work correctly are the pure Slink and
not an upgrade from prevous versions.

All the suggestions are appreciated.
                                          Ciao Guido.
--