Re: procmail & pine

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999 gla2@avatar.dorm.duke.edu wrote:

   [snip]
   I'm still not quite sure how to make pine work with this either, I
   can make 'incoming' and plain folders... but when making an
   incoming folder it asks what host it is on, putting localhost makes
   it think a lot, then do nothing, and leaving it blank makes an
   incoming folder, but it's not in $HOME/mail or /var/spool/mail so
   I'm a lil confused

Instead of using pine to create the folders, try this:
   - Exit any instance of pine you have running
   - Edit your ~/.pinerc file
   - Search for the line that starts:
        incoming-folders=
   - Change it to this:
        incoming-folders="debian" ~/mail/debian

   - If you wish to add more than one:
        incoming-folders="debian" ~/mail/debian,
                "folder2" ~/mail/folder2,
                "folder3" ~/mail/folder3

(Use tabs to justify the folders 2-?, I'm not sure if it makes a
difference, but since that is how pine creates them, it is better safe
than sorry.)

   thanks for the help so far... I think I'll make a dummie account to
   test this on because I might have missed a few suggestions while
   screwing around (doh!)

Might be good!  You can then use the (b)ounce command to forward some
of your list e-mail to the test address to see if it is saved
properly.

Hope this helps.
Dennis
--