RE: I am not impressed with Debian so far.

Hey, my hard drive did the sudden thrashing thing last night too. Its
never done it before (well it has in NT but not in Linux). All I was
doing was reading mail remotely over a dialup line using xemacs in a
kterm in KDE 1.1.1 (from snowcrash). It stopped after a while (about 4
minutes) and has been fine since. This never happened before in RedHat
or with Hamm. Is this a KDE thing perhaps ?. I am running on an AST M
series Laptop which has 48Mb ram and a 2GB Linux partition with about
1300MB free and a 92MB swap file.

Pat