RE: [comp.os.linux.misc] I am not impressed with Debian so far.

I mostly agree with his point about not knowing to put the second CD in
while installing debian. I missed that also the first try. I didn't
experience his problem with makeing the symlink, and i'm not sure how
obvious modconf is to a new user. I don't remeber it being mentioned during
install, but i could be wrong.

Well, I hope his luck improves. I agree it is dificult for someone to jump
right into debian even if they have used other distributions. I spent a
whole day playing with it the fist time I set it up, and still had problems
for awhile. Actually, i'm still having problems to this day, but I'm use to
Debian, so i firgure most of them out quickly... well, except for ALSA that
is =) ...

Brendon