CD-ROM and floppy problem update.

Well, I don't know how and why, but I am now able to mount the floppy
module on the system.  Strange thing is, I can only mount the Debian boot
disk as a msdos disk, although I have to mount a Redhat boot disk as ext2
disk.  I also note, I can read, write and execute on my DOS partition,
just like another filesystem.  Is this normal, or I am having some
problem with my system?  But, again, my CD-ROM is not mountable at this
point.  Am I stuck here?

Best wishes,
Chip