CD-ROM & floppy swap problem.

Hi,

I was using a TEAC 4X IDE CD-ROM on a Compaq LTE 5200 notebook without
problem to mount it, until I decided to test if I can mount the floppy.
So, I swap the module, and found the floppy cannot be mounted.  So, I
switch back to the CD-ROM, and now I am having a problem mounting the
CD-ROM!  Earlier, /dev/hdb is where the CD-ROM connects to, now it
doesn't seem to be working.  Can anyone tell me what's going on here?  Is
there a way out?  Thanks!

Best wishes,
Chip