Re: Kernel with APM support.

* Jens K Olsen <jolsen@ptc.com> writes:

> I would like to keep my system "as it" but with APM support. Since
> I have never compiled the kernel before, I have no idea what to
> select and what to leave out when runing make config. Is there a
> way I can use the default settings of the Debian package and just
> add APM support so I end up with the exact same kernel, but with
> APM support?

Have you already tried "make menuconfig" or "make xconfig"? Here,
you just go to ´General Setup´ and switch on the APM stuff (after
reading the help provided there, of course). You won´t accidently
change other settings as may be with "make config".

If you set up lilo to be able to choose the old kernel, nothing should
go wrong (but I have never set up APM myself, so who knows :-).

Cheers,
  Colin

--
Colin Marquardt <colin.marquardt@gmx.de>