Re: Mozilla is..errm..slow?

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Christian Dysthe wrote:

> I installed Mozilla today on my potato system. It was very slow. I don't know
> how to say this, but if this is how it is supposed to perform it is no better
> than it's "dad" Netscape. In fact, it is "worse".
>
> I really hope it is my system, but then again, why would only Moxilla be slow
> like that?

Mozilla is alpha software. It's standard development practice to optimize
last; the slowness is probably caused by a few small, relatively
easy-to-fix problems but they just haven't gotten around to fixing them
yet.

You really can't tell how far along a software project is from the
user-visible parts. Just wait for the released version.

Havoc