Re: Debian on Dell Inspiron

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Alec Smith wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck installing Debian 2.1 on a Dell Inspiron 7000? I
> have a 3c575 CardBus adapter which I'd like to use. I've got the NIC
> working under RedHat 6.0, but I'd rather use Debian as its what I have on

I've been using the potato release for several months quite
happily.  There is also an excellent web site about getting
linux (the author uses Debian) working with the Inspiron:

   http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/

Only thing not working is the sound which uses the Maestro 2
chip which doesn't appear to be supported.  I'm using the
3c575 myself without any problems.

--
Jean Pierre