Re: Death of a 2nd WD hard drive

I have been using Western Digital drives with Linux for a long time. None
of them exhibits any sort of problem. One is a 3.1GB drive I've had for 3
years. Another is a 4GB drive I've had for 2, and a 10.1GB drive I bought
last fall. I doubt its Linux causing the problems... Actually, I've never
had trouble with WD drives on any machine -- Seagate and Quantum are the
ones which have taken a crap on me.