Re: xcdroast and HP7200i

According to both the CD-Writing HOWTO and the XCDRoast manual:

You need SCSI emulation support for the drive.
	That is: There are kernel parameters that you must select
        either to include in the kernel, or build as modules,
        which will make the kernel treat an ide device as a SCSI
        device.  In reality, ATAPI devices are really SCSI-over-IDE
        devices.

I hate to write such a short response, to the tune of RTFM, but the
two sources I listed above do an EXCELLENT job of explaining things.

You still may have trouble setting things up. I know I did.
Don't hesitate to mail me directly, especiallyly, if you have 2
IDE cd drives (a reader and a burner).

The XCDRoast manual can be found on the XCDRoast Homepage.
As for the CD-WRITING_HOWTO, just do a net search on it,
find it, and look in the 1st chapter for a link to the latest copy.
This is importaint, cause it was updated recently.

Bryan