Re: apt's sources.list

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> Everybody does it differently unfortunately. The criteria is that the
> concatination of the last two and the word Packages.gz should locate the
> package file and that the concatination of the first and a File: line
> in the Package file should locate the .deb

Would it be posslbe to make apt recognize a complete, unplitted url, so long
as the .deb's and Packages file are all in a directory together and the
Filename: lines in the Packages file doesn't have a directory component?

You'd just need to make it assume the trailing 2 fields were empty, I think.

It's a degenerate case that'd be very nice for small archives. (Generate
Packages file with 'dpkg-scanpackages "./" /dev/null "" > Packages'.)

--
see shy jo