KDE mail client problems

I'm having problems getting KDE's mail client to delete mail that are in folders.  I currently have my system set up to sort my mail using exim's filtering capablity.  All of the filtered mail goes into various folders in my ~/Mail dir.

KDE see's the files with the mail fine, and I'm able to read the mail, and supposedly delete the mail.  However, when I close the mail client, and restart it, the mail is still there.  So does anyone know how to make the mail client really delete the mail?

Thanks,
chris