Re: gqview error: ** WARNING **: cannot open display:

	Subject: gqview error: ** WARNING **: cannot open display:
	Date: Thu, May 27, 1999 at 01:52:52AM -0700

Quoting Dan Smith(dyson_sphere_explorer@yahoo.com):
> NOTICE: I am not subscribed to the list, so please
> send replies to ME, dyson_sphere_explorer@yahoo.com!
> Thank you
> I installed gqview after first installing the proper
> libs, and once it installed without dependancy
> problems, attempted to use it.
> The following commands:
> gqview
> gqview <filename>
> gqview -h
> gqview --help
> All resulted in this error:
> <blank line>
> ** WARNING **: cannot open display:
> <return to bash prompt>
> Is there some conf file I need to configure?  And if
> so, where?  The docs offered no help.

After answering Dan's question, I installed gqview to check it out.
It sigsegv's on everything I tried to view, jpg, gif.
Another thing, as it is a viewer, I would have expected it to be in
the Apps/Viewer section.  Instead  it's in Apps/Graphics along with
the Gimp. Odd.

I will file a bug report on this, if it has not already been done.

Wayne

--
The problem with program verifiers is that they tend to cheat at toy
problems in order to get results.