Re: gqview error: ** WARNING **: cannot open display:

	Subject: Re: gqview error: ** WARNING **: cannot open display:
	Date: Thu, May 27, 1999 at 12:02:36PM -0400

Quoting shaleh@clifford.livenet.net(shaleh@clifford.livenet.net):

> > After answering Dan's question, I installed gqview to check it out.
> > It sigsegv's on everything I tried to view, jpg, gif.
> > Another thing, as it is a viewer, I would have expected it to be in
> > the Apps/Viewer section.  Instead  it's in Apps/Graphics along with
> > the Gimp. Odd.
> >
> > I will file a bug report on this, if it has not already been done.
> >

> It works for me (I package it) and no one else has complained either.

I just checked the bug reports and see your advice to others with this
problem.  I removed and re-installed imlib (imlib1) and it dod not fix
the problem, it still segv's.

I checked all the depends and the only thing that looks odd is that
the gqview package depends on xlib6g >= 3.3-5 in have 3.3.2.3a-11.
Now that might be OK.  I just have never figured out the numbering
system to say, for sure, that I have a new version.

Wayne

> As to the Viewer/Grpahics thing.  Viewer to me is for pdf readers and the like.
> I expect a graphics app to be in graphics.
>

> Feel free to bring this up on policy.

Naa, why bother.  You did all the work to get it debianized, its your
right to put it whare you want it, IMMO.  I can easily change it to
viewers if I ever get it working.

Thanks for the reply

--
You can measure a programmer's perspective by noting his attitude on
the continuing viability of FORTRAN.