Re: ping duplicate packets

> Today I pinged my box over the Internet and the ping util reported it
> received some duplicated packets.  I never saw this before.  I am
> wondering when and why this happens.  Who or what is duplicating these
> packet, my box or some box on the route?  I am using a 2.0.36 kernel
> on a i386 machine.

I'm not entirely sure, though I remember once getting duplicate pings from
a mac we have here at work. Upon investigation, it turned out that the mac
was running 'virtualpc' (same idea as vmware), and both the mac and the
virtual win95 running on it were responding to the pings.

I doubt this has anything to do with your problem, but I thought it was
interesting nonetheless :)

Rob.