ping duplicate packets

Hi,

This is not directly Debian related, sorry.

Today I pinged my box over the Internet and the ping util reported it
received some duplicated packets.  I never saw this before.  I am
wondering when and why this happens.  Who or what is duplicating these
packet, my box or some box on the route?  I am using a 2.0.36 kernel
on a i386 machine.

Thanks..

Regards,
Remco

--
DES BOK POUM ammunition arrangements Ortega mutageen Qaddafi radar Soviet
anthrax security thrust alarm CD Echelon VX Roel van Duin Saddam Hussein