Re: pciutils package (was: Sound blaster 16 pnp)

Hans van den Boogert wrote:
> BTW, this pciutils package is not in the basic Debian 2.1 set up, yet with
> every boot up the kernel invokes lspci, which is doesn't find of course.
> Is this an oversight from the team who compiled the installation list, or
> is there a reason for omitting? Seems a bit strange to me.

It's strange indeed; it has come up before, and because the default
Debian 2.1 install comes with 2.0.36, which doesn't support the
/proc/bus/pci interface of the 2.2 kernels (the interface that pciutils
uses) it might have been better to not to include that call to lspci.

 -Remco