pciutils package (was: Sound blaster 16 pnp)

>Another tip that might be helpful; if you are using slink, install pciutils
>package, which provides
>lspci utility which can be invoked by pnpdump when called with the
argument '-c
>'.
>Once lspci is installed pnpdump worked fine for me, I did not have to make
any
>further
>modifications in /etc/isapnp.conf

That explains something I experienced before. Thanks for the tip.

BTW, this pciutils package is not in the basic Debian 2.1 set up, yet with
every boot up the kernel invokes lspci, which is doesn't find of course. Is
this an oversight from the team who compiled the installation list, or is
there a reason for omitting? Seems a bit strange to me.

Hans